Paksiw na Tilapia is a delicious fish recipe. It is a comfort food to Pinoys who have access to tilapia. Paksiw na Tilapia is not only easy to make but a good addition to your Lenten list of food to cook and eat. My hubby loves okra and he asked if its okey to add okra in this paksiw dish so I said, we will find out. It turned out delicious specially with extra tomato and onions.
Tilapia is one of the Filipinos favorite fish and love to eat. There are many ways on how to cook tilapia like fried, with coconut milk, oven broiled, and escabeche but this Paksiw na Tilapia with Okra is now my hubby's new favorite. Just simmer the tilapia in vinegar-garlic-onion-ginger mixture and add okra towards to end.
Make and share this delicious Paksiw na Tilapia with Okra dish. Save this recipe or Pin It! Don't forget to check other tilapia recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. I would love to hear from you so leave me a comment or a suggestion.
- 2 large tilapia (more or less 2 pounds), cleaned and cut into serving pieces
- 1 lb okra, heads removed
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 large tomato, quartered
- 1/2 cup Filipino cane vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- In a wide pan, arrange ginger and top with tilapia, garlic, onion, ground pepper and salt to taste. Add 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes if you want it spicy.
- Pour water and vinegar. Bring into a boil over medium heat with pot uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Taste to see if more salt is needed.
- Add cooking oil, okra and tomato. Cover and simmer for 3-5 more minutes
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve hot with steam rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)