Pork Ribs Sinigang
Pork Ribs Sinigang is an all time Filipino favorite comfort food. It is a traditional Filipino soup dish known for its sour flavor. Pork Ribs Sinigang is a pork stewed in tamarind soup base and vegetables. Sinigang typically use meat or seafood.
Pork Ribs Sinigang or Sinigang na Baboy is my personal favorite and my ultimate comfort dish that is so good specially during rainy and winter weather. There are many version on how to cook sinigang like Beef Sinigang, Bangus Sinigang, Sinigang na Hipon and more but one thing for sure, one can never can tired with this simple Filipino dish.
This simple recipe is worth a try. Make it and share with family and friends. Enjoy a bowl of pork ribs sinigang over rice and fried fish. Check related recipes below by clicking the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 lbs pork ribs, cut into serving size
- 1 pack 40 grams Knorr tamarind soup mix
- 2 eggplant, sliced
- 8-10 pcs okra, trim ends
- 1/4 lb green beans, trim ends
- 1 lb bok choy or pechay, trim ends
- 2 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 8 to 10 cups water
- Rinse pork ribs in running water and drain.
- In a large pot, pour in water and add pork ribs, onions and tomatoes. Bring into a boil over medium-high heat until meat is fork-tender for about 45 minutes to an hour. Add more water if needed. Skim any fat floating on the surface.
- Add okra, green beans and eggplant. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are half way cooked.
- Season with tamarind soup base, fish sauce and ground pepper. Stir and taste to see if salt is needed. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add pechay and simmer for 2 minutes or until pechay and all vegetables are fully cooked.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and serve hot with lots of steam rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Sinigang na Hipon with Kangkong|
|Sinigang na Baka|
|Sinigang na Bangus sa Kalamansi|
|Sinigang na Isdang Pompano|
|Sinigang na Buto-Buto ng Baboy|