Shrimp in Oyster Sauce is simple yet delicious shrimp dish. A quick and easy stir fry you can make in less than 30 minutes. It is one of the easiest stir fry recipe and tasty cooked in oyster sauce and soy sauce together. This is a great recipe for busy weeknights that is effortless to make at home. Rich in flavor that only requires a few ingredients.
Learn how to make this easy and simple Garlic Shrimp in Oyster Sauce recipe by following the instructions below. Watch the video below to learn how to make this easy and simple Shrimp in Oyster Sauce recipe.
Shrimp is coated in cornstarch before frying and the sauce for this shrimp dish is made with oyster sauce, soy sauce sugar, a little water and sesame oil. Skip sugar if you are using sweet soy sauce. These Shrimp in Oyster Sauce are most amazing when served with steamed rice. A quick and easy and delicious shrimp in oyster sauce, serve over white or brown rice.
Forget take out and make this Shrimp with Oyster Sauce dish. Make this tonight and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for later use. One of the best Shrimp recipes on Casa Baluarte! Don't forget to check related shrimps recipe below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 lb medium size shrimp, deveined
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 dried red chili (optional)
- Coat shrimp with cornstarch and set aside.
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, water and sesame oil. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a wok or a wide pan, heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add shrimp and stir fry for a minute or until light pink. Remove and transfer in a plate.
- Using the same wok, add 1 tbsp olive oil then garlic, ginger and dried red chili. Stir and cook over low heat for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Pour-in oyster sauce-soy sauce mixture to the wok and stir. Simmer over low heat for a minute.
- Return fried shrimp to the wok and stir gently, stirring to incorporate for about 2 minutes or until shrimp is fully cooked and sauce thickens.
- Transfer in serving plate, garnish with chopped green onions and serve with hot rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)