This Shrimp Lumpia also known as Shrimp Egg Rolls are super easy to make. Lumpia is another name for a Filipino-style egg roll. They are perfectly browned crunchy shrimp egg rolls so delicious and an easy weeknight meal, appetizer or snack. A staple in most Filipino homes, this shrimp lumpia is made just with shrimp wrapped in egg roll wrappers and deep fried until brown and crunchy.
There are so many ways to prepare Lumpia and this one is my favorite. Shrimp Lumpia come together in just minutes and few ingredients needed. Double up on the ingredients and freeze for later use. A great appetizer idea if you are planing a party. Best when served with sweet chili sauce or spiced vinegar.
This recipe is wort a try. Make this and share with family and friends. Shrimp Lumpia is also kids friendly. Check related Lumpia/Egg Rolls recipe below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 lb headless large shrimp (peeled, deveined and leave tails on
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 pack lumpia wrapper (around 30 pcs)
- 1 egg
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- a bottle of sweet chili sauce for dipping
- In a bowl, add lemon juice, salt, ground pepper and stir. Add shrimp and marinate for at least 15 minutes. Remove and drain shrimp. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix egg using a fork. Set aside.
- Cut egg roll or lumpia wrapper in half diagonally. Separate wrappers into individual sheets.
- Place a shrimp in the middle of the wrapper with tail sticking out. Fold corners and roll up.
- Brush corner with egg wash to seal wrapper together. Repeat making shrimp lumpia with the remaining wrappers.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Deep fry the shrimp lumpia for about 3 minutes per batch or until golden brown and crispy. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Remove fried shrimp rolls from oil and drain in a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve hot with sweet chili sauce or spicy vinegar. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Pork and Shrimp Lumpia|
|Chicken Cordon Bleu|
Post a Comment