Spicy Chicken Adobo
Spicy Chicken Adobo is an easy Filipino style chicken recipe. There are many variations on how to cook Filipino adobo but I guarantee you, this one is packed with amazing flavor and recipe is worth saving.
Learn how to make this delicious Spicy Chicken Adobo by watching the video below.
Chicken Adobo is the most famous Filipino dish and the national dish of the Philippines! Try this Spicy Chicken Adobo for a quick and easy busy weeknights. Marinate it overnight and get it ready for the next day. Skip the spicy peppers if needed. Double on the ingredients as this spicy chicken adobo gets better the day or two or more after.
This Spicy Chicken Adobo is also a great addition to your menu if you are planning to host or invited to a party or even an office potluck. What is great about Filipino adobo is no need to rush. Make it a day before, warm it up and serve! Make this and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It! for later use. Best when paired with warm rice. Also, check related Chicken Adobo recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken parts, cut into serving pieces
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp whole peppercorn
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- 5-10 dried red chili peppers or 1 tsp dried chili flakes (depends on how spicy you want)
- In a wide bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, paprika and sugar. Stir well to dissolve sugar and paprika then add chicken pieces, peppercorns and bay leaves. Mix well to coat chicken pieces with the marinade and cover bowl. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and drain. Save remaining marinade.
- In a wok or a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Cook for a minute until limp and aromatic. Add chili peppers and stir. Cook for a minute.
- Add marinated chicken and cook while stirring gently every few minutes until chicken is light brown for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in remaining marinade to the wok. Stir gently and bring to a quick boil for about 2 minutes. Taste to see if more salt or sugar is needed.
- Cover wok and reduce heat to simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and meat starts to fall-off the bones. Stir gently every few minutes. Add water if needed.
- Remove cover and continue to cook until sauce is almost dry and chicken start to render on its own oil while stirring gently.
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
RELATED CHICKEN ADOBO
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Chicken Adobo with Extra Garlic|
|Chicken Adobo with Ginger and Honey|
|Chicken Adobo with Coconut Milk|
|Chicken and Pork Adobo|