Ensaladang Talong (Filipino Eggplant Salad)
Ensaladang Talong is a Filipino vegetable salad made with grilled eggplant, tomato and onions. It is a simple eggplant Filipino salad great as a side dish for grilled or fried fish or meat dishes. This Ensaladang Talong is simple to make and very refreshing.
Learn how to make a delicious Eggplant salad by watching the short video below.
Another popular dish Filipinos loves to eat as an appetizer or "pangpagana". The richness of roasted eggplant with a hint of sweetness from onion and tomato plus the saltiness of the salted egg is what you can call a perfect combination.
This Ensaladang Talong is good when served with fried or grilled fish, chicken or meat. The eggplant can either be boiled or grilled and mixed with chopped tomatoes and onions.
With this special ensaladang talong recipe, I added salted egg or itlog na maalat, green onions and cilantro and it tasted so delicious. How I wish I made four eggplant instead of just two.
|Ensaladang Talong at Lechon Kawali|
Give this recipe a try and share with family and friends. Let me know how you like it. Make it or save this recipe. Pin It for later use. Skip the salted eggs if you want it healthier.
Please SUBSCRIBE to CASA BALUARTE YOUTUBE for more easy to follow cooking videos.
Don't forget to check related Filipino recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 medium size eggplant
- 1 small onion, cubed
- 1 large tomato, cubed
- 2 stalk green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 salted egg, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Wash eggplant and pat dry. Grill or cook directly on stove top until the skin breaks and the inside is cooked.
- Peel off the burnt skin and mash lightly using a fork. Arrange in a serving plate.
- In a bowl, combine calamansi juice, salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add onion, tomato, green onion, cilantro and salted egg to the calamansi mixture. Toss to mix the ingredients. Top with sauteed bagoong (optional)
- Top grilled eggplant with tomato-calamansi mixture and serve as a side dish for grilled or fried fish or meat dishes and steamed white rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Papaya with Ampalaya Achara|
|Inihaw na Liempo|