Adobong Sitaw with Pork is a simple mouth-watering Filipino dish made of long beans and slices of pork sauteed in adobo-flavored sauce. This delicious recipe is easy to make and healthy that you can whip up in less than 30 minutes. Another Filipino dish my whole family love and enjoy eating.
Adobong Sitaw is one of the Filipinos favorite vegetable dish that can be cooked with tofu and with or without meat. Adobong Sitaw is a perfect dish for those who love vegetables.
Add coconut milk if you want it creamy. Add the coconut milk few minutes before cooking time is up. Add chili flakes if you prefer it spicy!
Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes is now in YouTube! Please Visit and Subscribe for more amazing videos and easy to follow recipes!
Link here -> Casa Baluarte YouTube Videos
Adobong Sitaw also known as Long Beans or String Beans is string beans stewed in vinegar, soy sauce, ground pepper and garlic. This recipe can be cooked with your choice of meat such as pork, beef, chicken and even fish.
Filipino Adobo has many different versions. If you love adobo, here is another adobo dish you might want to try. The best Adobong Sitaw recipe ever! Make it and share with family and friends! Save this recipe or Pin It for later.
Check related Adobo recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 lb pork belly or shoulder, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 bunch long beans (sitaw) cut into 3-inch length
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Add pork slices and stir. Cook until light brown.
- Add garlic and onion. Stir and cook for a minute until aromatic. Season with ground pepper and stir.
- Pour-in water and simmer for few minutes. Pour-in vinegar, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Allow to cook for few minutes with out stirring. Add sugar and stir.
- Cover pan and simmer for 15 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add sitaw or long beans. Stir gently and cook for 5 minutes or until long beans are tender yet crisp.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Pork and Chicken Adobo|
|Pork Belly Humba|
|Spicy Chicken Adobo|