Biko with Latik is a popular Filipino sticky rice snack or merienda. It is a rice cake made with glutinous rice, coconut milk and brown sugar.
Biko is often served as a snack but is also common eaten for breakfast or dessert, warm or cold. Biko with Latik is also known as rice cake with caramel topping.
Check out the step by step guide on how to make this wonderful Biko with Latik. Learn how to make Biko with Latik with this easy recipe and watching the cooking video below.
Biko with Latik is surprisingly easy and simple to make. A little time consuming but worth it. It is so delicious specially when topped with caramel topping made of coconut milk and dark brown sugar, use white sugar if you prefer.
Make this today and share with family and friends. A perfect recipe for parties, any kind of gathering or just because you are craving for some delicious kakanin.
Check out our Facebook page or YouTube channel for more delicious and easy to follow recipes. Please Like, Subscribe, and Share!
See related recipes below and click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Search this web site for more recipes Filipino snack or dessert.
Good for 3-4
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 9" baking pan
- banana leaves (optional)
- In a deep pan, combine water and coconut milk. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add glutinous rice and stir. Simmer for 2 minutes then reduce heat to low.
- Add brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and stir well to combine. Cover pan and simmer for about 20-25 minutes while stirring constantly to avoid the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Add a little water at a time if needed. Stir constantly until mixture is very thick, sticky and rice is cooked.
- Line baking pan with banana leaves. Transfer cooked rice into the pan and bake for 15 minutes at 375 F.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- In a sauce pan, combine coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring occasionally until liquid reduce to half.
- Spread caramel topping over rice and bake for 20 minutes at 375F.
- Broil for 5 minutes, remove from the over and allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Banana Turon with Mango|