Paksiw na Tilapia is a Filipino dish where fish is simmered in vinegar and basic ingredients.
Paksiw na Isda is a Filipino favorite comfort food specially when cooked with vegetables like eggplant, bitter-melon and more.
The easy steps below should guide you on how to make a delicious Paksiw na Tilapia. Watch the video below to visually guide you every step of the way. Email me @ email@example.com or send me a message on Casa Baluarte Facebook page.
Paksiw na Tilapia is pretty easy to make and very simple. This recipe also works well with other fish like bangus, salmonete, dulong (silver fish) and even with pork like paksiw na lechon. Feel free to add more or other vegetables to this recipe. The more vegetables, the happier!
Give this simple recipe a try and make sure to make extra rice! Save this recipe or Pin It for later use. Make this now and share with family and friends. So easy to make and very delicious!
Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipes. Casa Baluarte is also now in YouTube. Follow us for more delicious cooking videos.
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 2 large tilapia (around 1 1/2 pounds), cleaned and pat dry
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp rock salt or to taste
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 hot chili pepper
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- In a wide pan, add half of the ginger and top with tilapia. Pour-in vinegar, ground pepper, salt, onions, garlic, 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Simmer for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Add chili peppers and eggplant. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Pour-in 1 tablespoon cooking oil and simmer for few more minutes. Serve hot with lots of steamed rice and enjoy!