Pork and Shrimp Siomai
Pork Siomai is a popular Chinese dumplings and a well-loved snack in the Philippines. These Pork and Shrimp Siomai make a great appetizer, snack or a meal itself. Make your own delicious Pork and Shrimp Siomai at home using this simple recipe. Start your own Pork and Shrimp Siomai business with this easy recipe.
The Filipino Siomai is filled with a mixture of ground meat, shrimp and vegetables like carrots, onions and green onions.. Pork and Shrimp Siomai is usually served with chili paste mixed with soy sauce and calamansi or lemon juice. I love sesame oil so I added some to the mixture and it turned out so delicious! Give it a try!
Give this simple yet delicious Pork and Shrimp Siomai recipe a try. Make it the day before, refrigerate and steam the next day. You can also make a bunch and freeze it for later use. Try this recipe and share with family and friends. Remember to save this recipe or Pin It for future use.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE A DELICIOUS PORK AND SHRIMP SIOMAI
See related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Also, check Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow recipes.
- 1.5 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb small shrimp, chopped
- 1 small can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp white ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (or 1/2 tsp ginger, minced fine)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- 50 pieces wonton wrapper
- grated carrot for topping
- In a wide bowl, combine all above ingredients (aside from the wonton wrapper). Mix until well blended. Taste to see if more salt and pepper is needed and add accordingly. Cover container and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Scoop a teaspoonful of mixture on the middle of the wonton wrapper (watch the video above on how to wrap) and repeat with the remaining mixture. Top with grated carrot.
- Spray the bamboo steamer with non-stick oil and boil water. Arrange the dumplings in the steamer (giving enough space that it wont stick to each other). Steam for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
For Dipping Sauce, combine;
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 large lemon (or calamansi) juice
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)