Camaron Rebosado Recipe
Camaron Rebosado is a deep-fried battered shrimp also known as the Filipino version of shrimp tempura. Camaron Rebosado is commonly served with sweet chili sauce or banana ketchup.
This delicious shrimp dish is simple to make. The large shrimp is marinated in citrus and coated in thick batter then deep fried until yellow and crisp.
Camaron Rebosado is very easy to make. The steps below should guide you on how to make a delicious Camaron Rebosado. Watch the short video below to visually guide you every step of the way.
Camaron Rebosado is a tasty shrimp dish and a great appetizer or can be served as a main dish. The cooking procedure is pretty simple, the shrimps are marinated in citrus then wrapped in batter and deep fried until color changes to yellow. So delicious that I can finish a pound in no time.
This crispy breaded shrimp is so delicious specially when dipped in sweet chili sauce or plain banana ketchup. My hubby likes to dip it in sinamakan aka Filipino spiced vinegar. Check this link on how to make > home-made spiced vinegar, so good pretty much with any fried or grilled meat and fish. You can also order them from Amazon or click link here.
Give this simple Camaron Rebosado recipe a try. Make it today and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use.
Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook and on YouTube for updates on delicious and easy to follow cooking videos and recipes.
Camaron Rebosado is also a great party food or great busy weeknight quick recipe and so kids friendly too! Actually, this simple shrimp dish is my kids favorite so I don't mind making it as often as I can.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail on
- 2 tbsp calamansi or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup iced cold water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2-3 cups cooking oil for frying
- Combine calamansi juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, ground pepper., and stir well to combine. Add shrimps and marinate for 15-30 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade and drain to remove excess juice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and ice cold water. Add 1/2 tsp salt, flour and cornstarch. Stir until all ingredients are well distributed. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat over medium heat and add cooking oil. Dip shrimp in batter one at a time. Drop shrimp into hot oil one at a time. (Do not over crowd the pan or the shrimp won't cook evenly) Deep dry until color turns yellow and crispy. Remove shrimps and transfer in a plate lined with paper towel. Serve with sweet chili sauce or banana ketchup. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Chili Garlic Shrimp|
|Shrimp in Oyster Sauce|
|Spicy Garlic Shrimp|