Chicken Curry is one of the most Filipino favorite chicken dish, similar to Ginataang Manok. So rich in taste because of the use of coconut milk which lessen the spiciness of the curry paste. With this chicken curry recipe, I used curry paste which is readily available at most grocery store but feel free to use curry powder if curry paste is not available.
Give this simple and delicious Chicken Curry recipe a try. Make it and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for later use. Watch the video below to visually guide you every step of the way. The instructions below are pretty easy to follow so really worth a try. A great recipe for busy weeknights.
Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious and easy to follow home-cooking recipes and cooking videos. Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp canola oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 medium potato, cut into bite sizes
- 1 large carrot, cut into bite sizes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1 tsp curry paste or curry powder (add more if you prefer it spicy)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, sliced thin bite-size
- 1/2 tsp paprika or turmeric
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk (1 1/2 cup)
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, julienne
- mint leaves (optional)
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Add potato and cook for 2 minutes. Add carrot and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until aromatic for about a minute. Add curry paste and stir to combine. Add chicken and stir. Cook for few minutes. Season with paprika and fish sauce. Allow to cook for a minute.
- Pour-in coconut milk and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Add cooked potato and carrot to the pan. Let it simmer for few minutes or until potato and carrot is full cooked. Add bell pepper and cook for a minute while stirring gently. Add mint leaves and do a quick stir. Remove pan from heat and transfer in a serving dish. Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Adobong Manok sa Gata|
|Ginataang Langka with Daing|