Lumpiang Ubod Recipe
Lumpiang Ubod, also known as sariwang lumpia, lumpia freska in Ilonggo or fresh lumpia is a delicious Filipino appetizer or snack made with julienned palm heart and choice of meat wrapped in thin lumpia wrapper or thin egg crepe and served with garlic sauce or peanut sauce.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup boiled and shredded chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh ubod (palm heart), julienned
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 cups water
- 16-20 pieces thin lumpia wrapper
For the Sauce:
- remaining broth or 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch diluted in 1/4 cup water
- 1 bulb garlic, minced
- For the Ubod filling: Heat a deep pan and add cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic for a minute or until aromatic over medium heat. Add shredded chicken breast. Stir and cook for a minute. Add fresh ubod and stir to combine. Pour-in water and cover. Simmer for 3 minutes or until tender. Season with salt, sugar and ground pepper. Stir and allow to cook for few minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Save remaining broth for later.
- For the Sauce: Heat remaining broth and add sugar. Whisk to combine. Add cornstarch diluted in water and whisk vigorously. Add minced garlic and whisk until thickened for about a minute. Allow to cool and set aside.
- Wrapping: Place lumpia wrapper in a flat surface. Arrange a piece of lettuce on the wrapper. Add a tablespoonful of ubod. Roll, fold one side and roll again. Seal end of the wrapper with a little water. Repeat wrapping with the remaining ingredients.
- How to serve: Place fresh lumpia in a serving dish. Top with garlic sauce or serve garlic sauce on the side. Serve and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Shrimp and Pork Lumpia