Lumpiang Gulay or Vegetable Lumpia is a Filipino favorite snack or appetizer. Vegetable Lumpia is the Filipino version of the famous Chinese egg rolls or spring rolls. The classic lumpiang gulay consist mainly with assorted vegetables but protein can also be added like ground meat, seafood and tofu.
This vegetable lumpia or lumpiang gulay is filled with bean sprouts, carrots, jicama and green beans sauteed with ground pork. You can also use sweet potato instead of jicama or singkamas. Deliciously fried until brown and crisp.
Watch the video below to visually guide you on how to make a delicious vegetable lumpia or lumpiang gulay. The instructions below are also pretty simple to follow so make it today and share with family and friends.
Save this recipe or Pin It for future use. Make a bunch and freeze the rest. Vegetable egg rolls is a great party food or just an afternoon snack. So delicious specially when served with spiced vinegar or sweet chili sauce.
Check related recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow cooking videos.
|Vegetable Lumpia Ingredients|
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground pork (or beef, chicken, seafood or tofu)
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 knorr chicken cube
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 5 celery stick, sliced
- 1/2 lb green beans, sliced
- 1 large jicama (singkamas), sliced
- 6 cups bean sprouts
- salt to taste
- egg roll wrappers
- cooking oil
- Using a wok, heat and add a tablespoon of cooking oil. Saute garlic and onion until aromatic for about a minute. Add ground meat and cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Season with ground pepper, knorr cube and oyster sauce. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add carrots, celery and green beans. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Add singkamas (jicama) and stir to combine. Cook for a minute. Turn off the heat and add bean sprouts. Stir well to combine and transfer in a strainer basket right away to drain excess liquid. Set aside and allow the filling to cool before wrapping.
- WRAPPING: Fill each wrapper with about 2 tablespoon of lumpia filling. (Watch video above to learn how to wrap lumpia) Fold corner, roll and seal wrapper with cornstarch paste or egg white. Repeat steps until all lumpia are rolled. Set aside or freeze until ready to fry.
- FRYING: Heat enough oil in a pan over medium heat. Once oil is heated, drop lumpia pieces to fry. (Make sure to fry lumpia by batch and not to over crowd the pan so lumpia will fry nicely browned and crisp) Fry until all sides are golden brown and crisp. Transfer fried lumpia on a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve hot with spiced vinegar or sweet chili sauce. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Shrimp and Pork Lumpia|
|Chicken Vegetable Lumpia|