Ampalaya with Chicken and Egg
I hardly use canned food when cooking but I happen to come across this Argentina Corned Chicken in one of my supermarket visit while in Iloilo City, so I figure why not give it a try. We love ampalaya (bitter melon) because not only it's healthy but also budget friendly.
This Ampalaya with Chicken (corned chicken breast) and Egg dish turned out delicious! Simple to make using basic ingredients. Can't access corned chicken? Use chicken in a can or even tuna or sardines. This Ampalaya with Corned Chicken is not only delicious but also budget friendly.
Argentina Corned Chicken is made with chicken breast. According to the packaging, it is less in cholesterol, less fat and no preservatives added. (disclaimer: Casa Baluarte is not a paid advertiser of this product)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 can 150 grams Argentina Corned Chicken
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- salt as needed
- 1 lb bitter melon (ampalaya), sliced thin
- 3 eggs, beaten
- In a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic until aromatic for about a minute. Add Argentina Corned Chicken and stir gently and allow to cook for few minutes over low heat.
- Pour-in water and season with ground pepper. Simmer for few minutes over low heat. Season with salt and add sliced ampalaya. Allow to cook until tender but crisp without stirring for few minutes.
- Add egg and allow egg to cook before stirring gently. Serve while hot and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)