Spicy Ginataang Bangus
Spicy Ginataang Bangus is a Filipino fish dish where fish is simmered in coconut milk and some basic ingredients. Spicy Ginataang Bangus is so easy and simple to make using few ingredients and ready in less than 20 minutes.
This spicy ginataang bangus recipe is really worst a try. You can also use tilapia, tuna or other fish you prefer. Add more siling labuyo (Thai chili pepper) if you prefer it more spicy. This spicy ginataang bangus recipe is so tasty and packed with flavors.
Watch the easy to follow video below. The instructions below should guide you every step of the way. Check related recipes below. Click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced into fine strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 pieces medium tomato, sliced thin
- 1 large bangus, butterflied
- salt to taste
- 2-3 cups coconut milk
- 4 Thai chili pepper, chopped
- In a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil. Saute onion and ginger and onion until limp. Add tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Add bangus and simmer over medium-low for few minutes. Season with salt to taste. Pour-in coconut milk and bring into a quick boil. Reduce heat to simmer for about 5 minutes. Scoop sauce over the fish while cooking. Continue to simmer until sauce reduced and thickened.
- Top with chopped chilies and cook for a minute. Transfer in a serving plate and serve hot with lots of steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Bangus ala Pobre|
|Paksiw na Bangus with Oil|