Adobong Bangus (Milk Fish)
Adobong Bangus is a simple Filipino fish recipe where bangus or milk fish is fried then cooked in soy sauce and vinegar mixture.
Adobong Bangus or Adobong Isda is another variety of the popular Filipino adobo. This Adobong Bangus dish is very simple, easy to prepare and taste great.
Bangus is one of my favorite fish and when buying bangus, I make sure I get those ready clean and boneless. With this recipe I used store bought boneless butterflied bangus from the Philippines. So delicious even fried plain, made into sisig, grilled or inihaw or marinated before frying.
Learn how to make a delicious Adobong Bangus by watching the short video below.
Give this simple and delicious Adobong Bangus recipe a try. Share with family and friends with fresh cooked steamed rice.
Please SUBSCRIBE to CASA BALUARTE YOUTUBE for more easy to follow cooking videos.
Don't forget to check related bangus recipes below. Save this recipe or Pin it for later.
- 1 large boneless butterflied bangus (around 1 1/2 lb)
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup datu puti vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- cooking oil for frying
- Pat dry the boneless bangus using a paper towel and fry until light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ground pepper and sugar in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- In a wide pan, heat over medium-low heat and add cooking oil.
- Add onions and fry for about a minute. Remove and set aside.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for a minute or until golden brown and crispy. Set aside a tablespoon for later.
- Return fried bangus to the pan and pour-in soy sauce-vinegar mixture to the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
- Top with caramelized onion and sprinkle with fried garlic. Serve and enjoy with lost of steamed rice.
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Stuffed and Broiled Bangus|
|Inihaw na Bangus|
|Fried Marinated Bangus|
Post a Comment