Bicol Express with Sitaw
Bicol Express with Sitaw also known as Sinilihan with Sitaw is a Filipino stew made of pork, coconut milk or cream, finger chilies, birds eye chili and long beans. This hearty Bicol Express with Sitaw is rich, creamy and pack in flavor.
Try making this delicious Bicol Express with Sitaw and share with family and friends. Learn how to make this simple recipe by watching the easy to follow cooking video below. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way.
Bicol Express with Sitaw is pretty easy to make. Make this simple recipe or save for later use. You can also follow Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow recipes.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 10 pieces (or more) birds eye chili (siling labuyo), chopped
- 1 lb pork belly, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp sauteed shrimp paste (bagoong)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb long beans (sitaw), cut into 2 inches
- 3 cups coconut cream or coconut milk
- salt as needed
- 6 finger chili pepper, sliced
- In a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil. Saute onion, ginger, garlic and siling labuyo (add more siling labuyo if you prefer it more spicy). Cook for a minute until aromatic and limp. Add pork belly and cook for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add sauteed bagoong. Stir and cook for a minute. Pour-in water and stir. Cover pan and simmer while stirring occasionally. Allow to cook for about 15-20 minutes until meat is fully tender and water starts to evaporate.
- Add sitaw and stir gently. Pour-in coconut cream or coconut milk. Allow to cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat allowing the sauce to thickens while stirring occasionally. Season with salt as needed and add finger chilies. Cook for a minute and serve while hot. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Ginataang Langka with Daing|
|Chicken Adobo sa Gata|