Chicken Adobo sa Gata
Chicken Adobo sa Gata or Adobong Manok sa Gata is a Filipino version of adobo that is cooked with coconut milk. The chicken is stewed, adobo style then finished with coconut milk. Chicken Adobo sa Gata or Chicken Adobo with Coconut Milk is a delicious comforting dish so simple to make and most of the ingredients are readily available in a Filipino household.
Try this delicious Chicken Adobo sa Gata or Adobong Manok sa Gata recipe today. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below on how to cook a flavorful Chicken Adobo sa Gata. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way.
Chicken Adobo sa Gata is one of my favorite adobo next to pork belly adobo. It has that salty, sour and creamy taste so good when served over rice. Everybody has their own version of this Chicken Adobo sa gata but I must say this recipe is one of the best I had tried.
Try this Adobong Manok sa Gata recipe or save this for future use. Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes. Check related Filipino Adobo recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 lbs chicken (legs and thighs)
- 1 whole garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt as needed
- chili peppers as needed
- In a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil. Cook chicken until slightly browned. Add garlic and saute until slightly brown. Stir gently to combine.
- Add bay leaves and peppercorns. Pour-in water, soy sauce and vinegar. Bring into a quick boil before stirring and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and coconut milk. Stir gently and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and sauce thickened.
- Season with salt as needed and add chili peppers. Add more chili peppers if you prefer it more spicy. Allow to cook for another minute. Transfer in a serving dish and serve while hot. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Pork Belly Adobo|
|Pork Adobo with Pineapple|