Kare Kare is a Philippine stew made from peanut sauce and variety of meat. With this recipe, I used chicken thighs and it turned out so delicious. It is a tasty chicken dish that is one of my favorite.
Chicken Kare Kare is so easy to make using the same kare kare ingredients. It is also budget-friendly and a great party food.
Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 medium eggplant, cut into bite sizes
- 1 bunch sitaw (long beans), cut into 3 inches
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs (or breast)
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp annato powder or oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2-3 cups water or chicken broth
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter, diluted in 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tbsp rice flour (roasted)
- 1 bunch pechay, ends removed
- salt as needed
- sauteed bagoong for serving
- In a wide pan, heat over medium heat and add cooking oil. Quick fry eggplant and sitaw (for about a minute) then remove and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and ground pepper on both side. Using the same pan with oil. cook annato oil for about 30 seconds. Add seasoned chicken and cook until lightly browned for about 5 minutes.
- Push chicken to the sides and saute onion and garlic until fragrant or for about a minute. Stir gently to combine. Pour-in water or broth and simmer over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes or until the cooked.
- Add 2 tablespoon peanut butter diluted in 1/4 cup. Add another tablespoon of peanut butter as needed or if you prefer it with more peanut butter ( I do). Stir gently to combine and simmer for another 5 minutes over low heat.
- Using a clean and dry pan, heat and add rice flour. Roast rice flour over low heat until it turns lightly browned or for about 3 minutes. Slowly add the roasted rice into the simmering chicken with peanut butter. Gently stir to combine. Simmer for a minute. Add fried sitaw, eggplant and pechay to the pan. Allow the vegetables to cook for few minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer in a serving dish. Serve hot with sauteed bagoong and steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Black Pepper Chicken|
|Beef Kare Kare|