Tired of beef or pork for breakfast? Why not make your own Chicken Tapa at home with this simple recipe. Chicken Tapa is the healthier version of beef or pork tapa. With this Chicken Tapa recipe I used skinless and boneless chicken thighs so feel free to use chicken breast instead.
Try this easy Chicken Tapa recipe at home. Make it and share with family and friends or save this link for later use. Learn how to make this delicious Chicken Tapa recipe by watching the easy to follow cooking video. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way.
Chicken Tapa is chicken marinated in soy sauce, vinegar, calamansi or lemon juice, garlic, and marinated or cured for few hours or overnight before frying. Best when served with rice and eggs over easy. Chicken Tapa is not only for breakfast. You can also serve this for lunch and even dinner.
Don't forget to check related breakfast recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. You can also follow Casa Baluarte Recipe on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 6-8 pcs calamansi or 2 tbsp calamansi juice
- 1-2 tbsp light brown sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 - 8 oz Maggi Magic Sarap (optional)
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 lbs skinless and boneless chicken thighs or breast
- 2 tbsp cooking oil for frying
- Using a wide bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, calamansi or lemon juice, brown sugar, salt to taste, ground pepper, magic sarap and minced garlic. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Add boneless chicken to the marinade and toss until well coated. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight before frying.
- When frying; heat pan and add cooking oil. Add marinated chicken and fry in batches. Do not overcrowd the pan so the chicken will cook evenly. Cook chicken until light brown and pour-in few tablespoon of left over marinade. Allow chicken to cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes on each side. Transfer in a serving plate and serve with rice and eggs. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Corned Beef Omelet|