Filipino Carbonara is not the traditional Italian carbonara where they use eggs. Filipino Carbonara is richer and creamy with bacon and cheese. Filipino Carbonara style can be cooked with or without mushrooms.
Make this simple Filipino Carbonara for your family or save this link for future use. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below to learn how to make this delicious Carbonara. The instructions below should guide you every step of the way.
Filipino Carbonara is one of the most popular pasta recipe in the Philippines, second to Filipino style Spaghetti. It is a simple pasta dish and so easy to make using basic ingredients. They are many version of Filipino style Carbonara and this one is the simpler version. You can use ham instead of bacon or do both.
Please follow Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- around 2 liters of water
- pinch of salt
- 350 grams of spaghetti or fettuccine noodles
- 300 grams bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tetra pack (250 ml) Nestle All Purpose Cream
- 1 cup quick melt grated cheese
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Bring water into a boil. Once boiling, sprinkle water with a pinch of salt. Add noodles to the boiling water and allow to cook for about 10 minutes or as per package direction. Once cooked. remove noodles from water and drain. Save a cup of pasta water and set aside.
- In a wide pan, add bacon slices and cook over medium heat until golden brown but not crispy. Remove fried bacon and discard remaining bacon oil. Save 2 tablespoon bacon oil for later.
- Using the same pan, heat and add bacon oil. Sprinkle all purpose flour and stir to mix. Pour-in all purpose cream and stir slowly to incorporate. Add half of the fried bacon and stir, and turn off the heat.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce. Stir well to combine. Add grated cheese and season with salt and ground pepper to taste. Pour-in pasta water to loosen the sauce. Arrange the pasta in a plate then top with more bacon bits and more grated cheese. Serve while hot and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Filipino style Spaghetti|
|Creamy Garlic Shrimp|
|Linguine with Clams|