Creamy Garlic Shrimp
Creamy Garlic Shrimp is an easy and delicious shrimp recipe. Creamy Garlic Shrimp sauce is a buttery sauce cooked in 15 minutes or less.
Filipinos love pasta so this recipe is a go. Just boiled some spaghetti pasta and top with this creamy garlic shrimp sauce topped with more Parmesan cheese. The ingredients are pretty simple and can be found in your local grocery store.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled with tail on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6-8 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup diced small red bell peppers
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream or reduced cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 lb spaghetti pasta or any kind of pasta will work
- Boil spaghetti pasta in boiling water following the direction in the package. Set aside.
- Season shrimps with salt and ground pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat in medium heat and add olive oil.
- Fry shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side until just cooked. Transfer shrimp to a boil and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add butter and melt.
- Add minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add chopped red bell peppers and saute for a minute.
- Pour in chicken broth and allow to reduce to half while scrapping the bottom of the pan.
- Add cream and stir well. Reduce heat to medium low and bring into a simmer. Stir every few minutes.
- Add half of the parmesan cheese and stir. Gently simmer for few minutes until the cheese melts and sauce thickens.
- Add the shrimps back into the skillet. Stir gently and cook for a minute.
- Taste test if needed more salt and ground pepper.
- Sprinkle sauce with the chopped cilantro and stir.
- Remove skillet from heat and serve over pasta.
- Sprinkle more parmesan cheese over your plate and enjoy.
RELATED RECIPES (click name link to see complete recipe)