Filipino Lasagna is so delicious and easy to prepare. Baked in layer of lasagna pasta and topped with sweet and meaty sauce, loaded with assorted cheese and creamy white sauce.
Filipino Lasagna is a perfect party food and a great addition to list of food to prepare this coming holiday, so save this recipe or Pin It for future use.
Watch the video below to visually guide you on how to make this delicious Filipino style Lasagna. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious and easy to follow recipes.
- 5 pieces hot dog, cut into small cubes
- canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar (or more if needed)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 tsp salt (or more if needed)
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce (any brand)
- 2 cups banana ketchup
- 1 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 9-15 pieces lasagna pasta
- In a deep pot, heat over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Cook hot dogs for few minutes until light brown. Remove and set aside.
- MEAT SAUCE - Using the same pot, add 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic for about a minute or until aromatic. Add ground beef and cook until brown. Remove excess oil and discard. Season with ground pepper, sugar and Italian seasoning, Stir and cook for a minute. Pour-in spaghetti sauce and banana ketchup sauce. Stir and simmer over the lowest heat for around 20 minutes while stirring occasionally. Add fried hot dogs to the pot and stir. Simmer for 5 minutes. (watch the cooking video above to visually guide you the steps) Add more salt and sugar if needed)
- BECHAMEL (white) SAUCE - Using a sauce pan, heat over low heat and add melted butter. Add flour and stir right away. Keep stirring until well combined. Pour-in evaporated milk and stir well to combine. Remove from heat and set aside. Add water if needed.
- PASTA - In a deep pot, add enough water and bring into a boil. Once water starts to boil, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Add lasagna pasta and cook per package direction. Remove and set aside.
- ASSEMBLE and COOKING - Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 13 x 9 inch baking pan with oil or brush with butter. Add in a layer of meat sauce. Arrange lasagna pasta, covering the sauce. Add a layer of meat sauce and top with bechamel white sauce, cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Arrange the second of pasta, meat sauce, white sauce and cheeses until a total of 4 layers is formed. Cover baking pan with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue to bake for additional 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with garlic bread and Enjoy!
(click on the name link below the picture to see compete recipe)
|Chicken Macaroni Salad|
|Macaroni Fruit Salad|