Fish with Pork and Mushroom
Here is how to make your dinner a little special. Try making this fried fish with pork and mushroom. Packed with flavor and so simple to make. Imagine having your favorite fried fish then topped with delicious ground pork and mushroom sauce.
Try making this delicious Fried Fish with Pork and Mushroom recipe. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below to learn how to make it at home. The instructions below will also guide you every step of the way.
This Fish with Pork and Mushroom dish is easy to make using your choice of fish that is fried until golden brown then topped with flavorful ground pork sauce cooked using basic ingredients and mushrooms. With this recipe I used fresh catch Lapu-Lapu fish also known as black grouper. Black grouper has a mild but unique taste with large flakes and a firm texture.
Make this today or save this link for future use. You can also follow Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
Don't forget to check related recipes below. Just click on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipes.
- Cooking oil for frying fish
- 2 lbs lapu-lapu fish (black grouper) or your choice of fish, cleaned and pat dry
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 8-10 pieces birds eye chili (siling labuyo), chopped
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 50 grams black fungus (mushroom)
- 2 cups water (add more when needed)
- salt as needed
- 1 tsp cornstarch diluted in 2 tbsp water
- chopped green onions for garnishing
- Soak mushroom in water for about an hour. Once soft, remove hard stem and discard the hard stem. Rinse mushroom few times and and drain. Set aside.
- Clean fish thoroughly and pat dry. Heat enough cooking oil and fry fish until golden brown. Remove fish and set aside.
- In a clean pan, heat 2 tbsp cooking oil and saute garlic and onion. Allow to cook until aromatic for about a minute. Add chopped chilies and cook for 30 seconds. Add ground pork and cook until browned for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove excess oil and discard.
- Season with sugar, ground pepper and soy sauce. Allow to cook for few minutes while stirring. Add soaked mushrooms to the pan and allow to cook for few minutes. Pour-in water and bring into a quick boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add salt as needed and pour-in cornstarch diluted in water. Continue to simmer over low heat until sauce starts to thickened.
- Transfer in a serving dish and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve while hot with steamed rice and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Bangus ala Pobre
|Fish with Tausi Sauce