Ginataang Kalabasa with Shrimp
Here is how to make Ginataang Kalabasa with Shrimp and Malunggay. Ginataang Kalabasa with Shrimp and Malunggay is one easy Filipino dish to make and so delicious. This hearty Ginataang Kalabasa with Shrimp is made with squash simmered in coconut milk.
This simple Ginataang Kalabasa with Shrimp recipe is worth a try. You can also add sitaw or long beans with this recipe (I intentionally did not added sitaw, bawal sa gout ni hubby) and also other seafood like crabs or even fried fish, or bagoong.
Make this today or save this link for future use. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below how to make this healthy and delicious coconut dish. The instructions below will guide you step by step.
There are many version on how to make Ginataang Kalabasa and I would say this is the most simpler recipe and I guarantee you it's delicious and budget-friendly. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. You can also follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 6-7 cups kalabasa, cubed
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper or to taste
- 1 - 8 oz Maggi magic sarap (optional)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3-4 cups coconut milk
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned
- salt to taste
- 2-3 cups malunggay leaves
- Using a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic, and cook until soft. Add squash and cook for few minutes. Season with ground pepper and magic sarap. Stir well and add fish sauce. Cook for few minutes.
- Pour-in coconut milk and cover. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until squash or kalabasa is cooked through. Add shrimps to the pan and gently stir. Season with salt to taste. Cook for few minutes or until shrimps turns pink.
- Add malunggay leaves and gently stir. Allow to cook for few more minutes and transfer in a serving dish. Serve while hot with fried or grilled fish and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Ginataang Sitaw with Hipon|
|Alugbati Kalabasa Talong with Giniling|
|Ginataang Kalabasa with Daing|