Alugbati Kalabasa Talong with Giniling
Alugbati or Alogbati, Kalabasa, Talong with Giniling is a simple and healthy Filipino vegetable dish. So easy to make and delicious using only few ingredients. With this recipe I used ground chicken but feel free to use ground beef or ground pork.
Give this simple Alugbati Kalabasa Talong with Giniling recipe a try. Learn how to make this by watching the easy to follow video below. The instructions below will guide you step by step. Check related recipes below, click on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipe.
Alugbati is the Filipino version of spinach also know as Malabar Spinach. This recipe is one of my favorite Filipino vegetable dish. So easy to make and can be a great addition to a busy weeknight meal.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb ground chicken (or beef or pork)
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- magic sarap (optional)
- 2 cups kalabasa (yellow squash), cut into cubes
- 2 small talong, cut into bite sizes
- 2 cups water
- salt as needed
- 6 cups alugbati (malabar spinach)
- In a deep pan or pot, heat and add cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic until soft and aromatic. Add ground meat and cook until browned for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Season with ground pepper, fish sauce. and magic sarap (optional). Allow to cook for few minutes.
- Add kalabasa and cook for few minutes. Add talong and cook for additional few minutes. Pour-in water and cover pot. Let it cook or simmer for 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Season with salt as needed and add alugbati leaves. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are all cooked. Stir gently and serve while hot. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Almond Shrimp Stir Fry|