Bicol Express is a popular and well-loved Bicolano dish. It is traditionally cooked with pork but with this recipe, chicken was used as the main ingredient. It is made with boneless chicken thigh, shrimp paste with lots of chilies and coconut cream.
Give this famous chicken creamy stew dish recipe a try. Make it today and share with your family and friends. Learn how to make this flavorful Bicolano dish by watching the video below. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way and will be ready in now time.
Chicken Bicol Express is so delicious! So creamy and so spicy, you will need a lot of extra rice. Don't like it too spicy? Reduce the amount of chilies used in this recipe and maybe add more vegetable like green beans or fried eggplant? This well-loved dish originated in the province of Bicol but pork meat was used.
Chicken Bicol Express is so easy to make and packed with flavors in every bite. Try this recipe and enjoy the spicy coconut flavor over hot steamed rice. Check related recipes below and click on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipe. Follow CASA BALUARTE RECIPES on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thigh (or breast), cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp sauteed shrimp (bagoong) paste
- 5 pieces birds eye (siling labuyo) chili, sliced
- 1.5 cup (14 oz.) coconut cream
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 8 pieces finger (siling haba) chilies, sliced
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Saute onion, garlic and ginger until aromatic for about 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Add boneless chicken and allow to cook until lightly browned for about 5 minutes.
- Add sauteed shrimp paste and stir to combine. Add birds eye chili and coconut cream. Stir gently and cover pan. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced.
- Season with salt as needed and ground pepper. Stir well to combine. Add finger chilies and gently stir to combine. Allow to cook for a minute. Remove pan from heat and transfer in a serving dish. Serve while warm with lots of steamed white rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Bicol Express with Beans|
|Chicken Adobo with Coconut Milk|
|Bangus in Coconut Milk|