Ginisang Ampalaya is a healthy Filipino dish rich in iron. This Ginisang Ampalaya or sauteed bitter gourd is a very simple dish that is nutritious, delicious and one of my favorite Filipino comfort food. This recipe is cooked with just eggs but feel free to add pork or shrimp.
If you are an ampalaya lover, then this recipe is for you. Learn how to make this simple Ginisang Ampalaya by watching the easy to follow cooking video below. This simple dish can be ready in no time for dinner. This Ginisang Ampalaya is not only healthy but also budget-friendly.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 2 medium tomato, sliced thin
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 1.5 cup of water or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- salt as needed
- 4 large ampalaya (bitter gourd), sliced thin
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a deep pan, heat and add cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic. Allow to cook until aromatic for about a minute. Add slices of tomatoes and cook until soft for about few minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken cube. Stir and cook for a minute. Pour-in water or broth and simmer over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Season with ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Add ampalaya to the pan and simmer without stirring until ampalaya is cooked (5 minutes for half-cooked and 10 minutes for cooked ampalaya). Add lightly beaten eggs to the pan. Allow egg to cook for about few minutes before stirring.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Ampalaya with Corned Chicken|
|Ampalaya with Shrimp and Egg|
|Ampalaya with Oyster Sauce|