Sinigang na Bangus
Here is how to cook Sinigang na Bangus. Sinigang na Bangus is the fish version of the Filipinos famous sinigang dish. It is a classic Filipino comfort food that is so easy to make and also healthy. Sinigang na Bangus is a perfect fish dish for lunch or dinner specially on busy weeknights.
There are many ways on how to cook Sinigang and only the ingredients varies. The usual fish used when cooking sinigang is bangus or milk fish. There are a lot of Bangus recipe in this blog and sinigang na bangus is one of my recipe. So easy to make using simple ingredients and healthy too.
Give this delicious Sinigang na Bangus recipe a try. Make it and share with family and friends or save this link for later use. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below to learn how to make this simple dish. The instructions below will guide you every step of the way.
Check related bangus recipes below. Click on the name link above the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more simple home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 medium tomato, quartered
- large bangus (around a pound or so), cleaned and sliced into serving pieces
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 medium eggplant, sliced
- 1 large labanos, sliced
- finger chilies (siling haba)
- 1 tbsp Knorr sinigang mix (or as needed)
- salt to taste
- kangkong leaves, 3 cups
- green onions
- In a deep pan, pour-in water and add onion and tomatoes. Cover pan and bring into a boil. Add slices of bangus and season with fish sauce and ground pepper. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add slices of eggplant, labanos and finger chilies. Cook until fish and vegetables are fully cooked.
- Add sinigang mix and stir gently to combine. Season with salt to taste. Add kangkong leaves and green onions. Cover and cook for few minutes. Remove pan from heat and transfer in a serving bowl. Serve while hot with steamed rice and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)