Chicken Sopas is a Filipinos favorite comfort food. Chicken Sopas is also known as Macaroni Soup. It is creamy, delicious and hearty. A macaroni soup that the whole family would surely like and love. Chicken Sopas is made with elbow macaroni, chicken and vegetables, and with this delicious recipe, hot dogs are added.
Give this easy and simple Chicken Sopas with Hot Dogs recipe a try! Make it and share with your family. A creamy macaroni noodle soup that will keep you warm in cold and rainy weather. Watch the video below and learn how to make this simple Chicken Sopas. The instructions below will also guide you with the steps.
Check out related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. You can also FOLLOW CASA BALUARTE RECIPES on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
Chicken Sopas with Hot Dog is a delicious creamy Filipino comfort food that is so filling and satisfying. The Filipino version of Chicken Sopas is cooked with evaporated milk to create the base of the soup which makes the soup so comforting and flavorful. Enjoy this delicious homestyle Chicken Sopas at home. Make a big pot and save some for the next day.
- 8-10 cups water
- 1 large piece of chicken breast
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 pieces hot dogs, cut diagonally
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 small carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper or to taste
- salt to taste or as needed
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 3/4 to 1 cup evaporated milk
- chopped green onions, for garnishing
- 4 hard boiled eggs, for garnishing
- In a big pot, pour-in water and add chicken breast, bay leaves and peppercorns. Bring into a boil then reduce heat to simmer. Allow chicken to cook for about 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Once chicken is cooked, remove chicken from the broth and allow to cool. Shred chicken and set aside. Drain and set aside remaining broth.
- Using a clean pot, heat and add canola oil. Cook hot dogs until slightly browned. Remove hot dogs and set aside.
- Using the same pot, saute onion and garlic until fragrant for about a minute. Add uncooked elbow macaroni. Cook while continuously stirring for a minute or two. Pour-in remaining broth to the pot. Add more water as needed. Bring into a quick boil then reduce heat to simmer. Cook elbow macaroni until half-cooked for about 7 minutes.
- Add carrots, chicken cube and bell peppers to the pot, and simmer for few minutes. Season with ground pepper and salt to taste. Add shredded chicken and fried hot dogs. Gently stir and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add chopped cabbage and simmer for few minutes. Pour-in evaporated milk and gently stir. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer Chicken Macaroni Soup with Hot Dogs into a serving bowl. Garnish with hard boiled eggs and chopped green onion. Serve while hot and enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)