Sinantomas is composed of pork ribs slowly cooked in tomatoes, soy sauce, ketchup and pineapple juice with potatoes and green peas. This Filipino braised pork dish originated in the province of Quezon. Sinantomas is similar to Kaldereta. It has the sweet and tangy flavor from the pineapple juice and ketchup in the sauce.
Sinantomas is a simple pork dish with tasty and tangy sauce. Try this easy Sinantomas recipe using simple ingredients at home. The secret to this delicious recipe is to slowly cook in low fire using fresh ingredients. It is traditionally made of pork ribs but I would think this recipe is also good using chicken or beef instead of pork.
Give this delicious Sinantomas recipe a try. Make it today and share with family and friends. Watch the short video above and learn how to make a delicious Pork Ribs Sinantomas. The simple instructions will also guide you with the steps. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
Follow CASA BALUARTE RECIPES on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos. For questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below. You can also reach me on Casa Baluarte Recipes Facebook page or my YouTube channel.
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup (del monte sweet blend or banana ketchup)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp whole peppercorn, cracked
- 2 lbs pork ribs, membrane removed and sliced into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup green peas (garbanzos)
- In a wide bowl, combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, ketchup and fish sauce. Add pork ribs and cracked peppercorns. Mix well and marinate for at least 2 hours (better overnight). Once marinated, remove meat from marinade and drain well. Save remaining marinade for later use.
- In a wide pan, heat over medium heat and add cooking oil. Fry potatoes until light brown for about 3-5 minutes. Remove potatoes and set aside.
- Using the same pan with oil, add marinated pork ribs and fry until brown for about 3 minutes per side. Push ribs to the sides of the pan and add onion, garlic and tomatoes. Cook until soft for about few minutes. Stir to combine.
- Pour-in remaining marinade and add water. Bring into a quick boil then reduce heat to low. Cover pan and simmer until meat is fully tender for about an hour while stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed.
- Add fried potatoes and green peas. Cover pan and simmer for additional 5 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked while stirring occasionally. Transfer in a serving dish and serve while hot over steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)