How to cook Tuna Carbonara Filipino-style. Tuna Carbonara Filipino-style is a quick and easy pasta dish. Simple to make and so delicious! This simple Tuna Carbonara recipe is creamy and full of flavors. No bacon needed but feel free to tweak the ingredients to fit your taste buds or using the ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry and refrigerator.
Pinoy-style Tuna Carbonara is a perfect pasta dish for any occasion or just want to make dinner extra special. It is also a great weekend snack best when served with toasted or garlic bread and can be ready in your table in no time. Give this Filipino-style Tuna Carbonara recipe a try. Share this delicious recipe with family and friends or save this link for later use. Watch the video below on how to make a simple and delicious Creamy Tuna Carbonara.
Serves 4-6 people
Cooking (estimated) Time: 45 minutes
Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipes. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. For comments or concern, comment below or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 lb spaghetti or fettuccine pasta
- water for boiling pasta
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 oz can sliced button mushrooms, rinsed and drained
- 10 oz can tuna in water or oil, drained
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 225 ml table or all purpose cream
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp parsley
- parsley and grated cheese for garnishing
- Bring enough water into a boil. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Add pasta and cook according to package instruction or until al dente (cooked but still firm when bitten). Remove pasta from water, rinse, drain and set aside. Set aside a cup of the pasta water.
- In a wide pan, add olive oil and butter. Melt over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook for 30 seconds. Add garlic and cook for additional 30 seconds. Stir until tender and aromatic. Add sliced mushrooms and allow to cook for few minutes. Add tuna and gently stir. Cook for few minutes.
- Pour-in evaporated milk and cream. Gently give it a good stir to combine. Add pasta water and simmer for few minutes. Season with ground pepper and salt to taste. Continue to simmer until slightly thickened while stirring occasionally.
- Add grated cheese and stir to melt cheese. Set aside a cup of sauce for topping. Add parsley and turn off the heat. Add cooked pasta and toss until well combined. Transfer in a serving dish and top with extra sauce, a pinch of parsley and more grated cheese. Serve while still warm with garlic or toasted bread. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the pictures to see complete recipes)