Lemongrass Pork Chops
How to make Lemongrass Pork Chops.
This Lemongrass Pork Chops is made with simple ingredients and yet loaded with delicious flavors. It is full of unique lemongrass flavor and it does not need tedious preparation. This Lemongrass Pork Chops is very similar to the famous Vietnamese Pork Chops known as Thit Heo Nuong Xa with a balanced mix of sweet and savory ingredients but I added few basic ingredients to suit my family's taste buds.
Lemongrass Pork Chops is made with thin cuts of pork chops and few common ingredients for the marinade. It is so easy to make at home and can also be prepped the night before. I was going to grill them over charcoal after marinating for few hours but weather here in Texas did not permit. Thin cuts pork chops absorbs marinade quickly. Enjoy with rice, homemade Achara and sliced of tomatoes. Lemongrass Pork Chops is one of my favorite pork chop dish. The aroma of lemongrass combined with sugar, peppers, garlic and fish sauce is what makes this Lemongrass Pork Chops soo special.
Let me share this story, last year around mid July during the height of pandemic me and my family started a Filipino Karenderia or a Filipino Pop Up Kitchen here in Central Texas known to the locals and nearby town as Casa Baluarte Kitchen. I was having a second, third, fourth thoughts about all this specially only a handful of Filipinos lives in this town but then I figure this is the best way to introduce Filipino food to the community. It will be a year this coming July and Casa Baluarte Kitchen is still doing strong and the community loves our Filipino food special Pancit, Lumpia, BBQ on a Stick, Siopao and more.
Learn how to make this aromatic Lemongrass Pork Chop by watching the cooking video. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes.
Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious easy to follow cooking videos and delicious home-cooking recipes.
- 1 - 1 1/2 pound thin-cut pork chops
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks (tender core only) lemongrass, chopped
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 + 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Rinse pork chops in running water to remove excess bloods. Make few cuts using a scissors or a knife around the chops to prevent the chops from curling while cooking. Pat dry using a paper towel or a clean cloth and set aside.
- In a bowl combine fish sauce, garlic, lemongrass, sugar, ground pepper, chili flakes, green onion and 2 tablespoon cooking oil. Mix well until sugar is dissolved and aromatics are well combined.
- Add pork chops to the marinade, turning them to coat all surfaces. Cover bowl and refrigerate allowing to marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight. (marinate for an hour if you are in a hurry)
- Heat pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoon cooking oil. Gently add the marinated chops to the pan and allow to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes per side until nicely browned and fully cooked.
- Removed lemongrass pork chops from the pan and serve immediately with steamed rice, Achara and slices of tomatoes. Try to also dip it over spiced vinegar. Enjoy!
(click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes)