Braised Pork in Soy Sauce
Here is the easy recipe for Braised Pork in Soy Sauce. Amazing how easy to make this flavorful Braised Pork in Soy Sauce recipe using simple and basic ingredients that you might already have in your pantry.
Slow cooking is the key to this savory dish. The only effort you will need in making this Braised Pork Belly in Soy Sauce is patience. The pork belly is braised or slow cooked in soy sauce until the pork is tender and succulent. The texture to this slow-cooked pork is soft and could almost melt in your mouth.
If you like a sweet and salty taste on a pork dish, then this delicious Braised Pork in Soy Sauce recipe a must try. Make it today and share with fanily and friends or save this link for later use. Watch the easy to follow cooking video below on how to make Braised Pork in Soy Sauce with Eggs. The instructions below will guide you the steps on how to make a melt in your mouth Asian-style Braised Pork in Soy Sauce.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp whole peppercorn, crushed
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1-2 lbs pork belly, cubed into serving pieces
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (make it a half of cup if you prefer it a little more sweeter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1-2 cups of water (add more water as needed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- Using a deep pan, heat over medium-high heat and fry whole garlic cloves until lightly browned. Add crushed peppercorns and cook for about 30 seconds. Add chopped garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add pork belly to the pan and fry until lightly browned for about 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, soy sauce and water, and stir to dissolve sugar. Cover pan and bring into a quick boil. Once it starts to boil, reduce heat to low. Cover pan and simmer for about 20 minutes or until meat is tender while stirring occasionally. Add more water as needed.
- Season with salt and add hard boiled eggs. Turn eggs occasionally to coat evenly with soy sauce mixture. Cover pan and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the sauce is reduced and the meat is fully tender. Best when served with steamed white rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipes)
|Beef and Veggies Stir Fry|
|Beef and Broccoli|