No need for Take Out! Make this tender and delicious Beef and Broccoli using this simple recipe. It's quicker, cheaper and healthier! This easy recipe is a classic Asian dish of beef and broccoli coated in a savory sauce.
Make this easy Beef and Broccoli at home under an hour (including the 30 minutes marinating time). Find out the secret on how to make the beef so tender just like those take out. The instructions below should guide you on how to make this Asian classic Beef and Broccoli. Watch the video below to guide you every step of the way.
Beef and Broccoli is so flavorful, quick and easy to make at home. Perfect Beef and Broccoli right in your own kitchen! Everyone will love this simple dish, even my picky eater had asked for more. Double the recipe for whatever you want to make, all made in one pan.
This easy beef and broccoli recipe is one of our favorite easy dinner to make specially on busy weeknights. Make this beef and broccoli recipe and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for future use. Serve it over rice or even noodles.
Simple and inexpensive meal, loaded with authentic flavor. This flavorful dish is perfect for your next dinner plan. Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1/2 lb flank (or skirt) steak, sliced thin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- How to tenderize the meat: In a bowl, combine flank steak and baking soda. Stir well to combine and marinate for 30 minutes. Rinse steak in running water few times and pat dry. Set aside.
- For the Sauce: In a bowl, combine water, cornstarch, oyster sauce, brown sugar, cooking wine, sesame oil, hoisin sauce and ground pepper. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Using a wok, heat and add cooking oil. Cook beef over high heat for a minute until light brown and push meat to the sides. Add garlic and ginger, saute until aromatic and stir. Add broccoli florets and stir. Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour-in sauce mixture and stir well. Cook for few minutes until broccoli is cooked and sauce starts to thickened. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and transfer in a serving plate. Serve hot over rice or steamed noodles. Enjoy!
(click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe)