Paksiw na Bangus at Gulay
How to make a delicious Paksiw na Bangus with Vegetables. This Paksiw na Bangus is packed with bitter melon and eggplant. So appetizing that you will need more servings of rice.
This Paksiw na Bangus at Gulay is our households favorite. Not only so simple to make but very healthy. No bangus? No problem! You can use other kind of fish like tilapia or most fish available in the market.
Don't forget to check related bangus recipes below. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more easy to follow home-cooked meals.
- 2-3 lbs bangus, cut into serving pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 thumb size ginger
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 2 large ampalaya
- 2 large eggplant
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoon soy sauce
- 5-6 chili peppers
- 2-3 tablespoon canola oil
- Arrange bangus in a wide pan, Season with ground pepper and salt to taste. Add ginger, garlic, onions, tomatoes, ampalaya, eggplant, water, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring into a quick boil uncovered. Cover pan and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add chili peppers and oil. Cover and continue to simmer to simmer until bangus and vegetables are fully cooked for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer Paksiw na Bangus at Gulay into a serving dish. Best when served warm with lots of steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the pictures to see complete recipes)