How to cook Ginataang Tilapia.
Ginataang Kalabasa is a popular Filipino dish that is rich in flavor and very nutritious. Ginataang Kalabasa is usually served with Pinaksiw or fried fish over steamed rice. This kalabasa dish is easy to prepare and simple to make. With this Ginataang Kalabasa, made special because I topped it with fried tilapia. Give it a try and let me know.
Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- cooking oil
- 3-4 lbs large tilapia
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 thumb size ginger, grated
- large kalabasa (yellow squash), cubed
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cans 400 ml (around 3.5 cups) coconut cream
- 1 cup water
- 5 finger chilies
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- Heat pan and add enough cooking oil. Pan fry tilapia until nicely brown. Remove fried tilapia and set aside.
- In a clean deep pan, heat and add 2 tablespoon oil. Sauce onion, garlic and ginger until aromatic. Add kalabasa and stir. Cook for around 2 minutes.
- Season with ground pepper and fish sauce. Stir to combine and cook for few minutes. Add coconut milk and water. Gently stir and let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes until kalabasa is tender.
- Season with salt and add finger chilies. Cook for few minutes. Add malunggay leaves and gently stir. Top with fried tilapia and cover pan. Simmer for few minutes. Serve while hot and enjoy!
(click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes)
Post a Comment