Gulay at Bangus
Bulanglang na Gulay at Bangus
How to make Bulanglang na Gulay with different types of vegetable and fried fish.
Bulanglang na Gulay is a healthy vegetable soup that is easy to make, so delicious and nutritious. You can add more vegetable like beans and more. If you love vegetable soup, this Bulanglang na Gulay with Fried Bangus is for you. This Bulanglang na Gulay at Bangus recipe is a boiled vegetable soup dish in rice washing topped with fried boneless bangus. It is similar to Ilonggos favorite Laswa just more vegetable.
Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1- 1 1/2 lb boneless bangus
- salt to taste
- cooking oil for frying
- 3-4 cups rice washing
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or to taste
- 2-3 cups kalabasa
- 2 handful okra
- 2 large ampalaya
- 2 large eggplant
- 2 handful sigarilyas
- 1 large patola
- 2 handful saluyot leaves
- 2 handful malunggay leaves
- Pat dry bangus using a paper towel and season with salt. Set aside.
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Fry bangus until lightly browned and set aside.
- In a deep pot, add rice washing, onions, ginger and tomatoes. Add ground pepper and fish sauce. Cover pot and bring into a boil until tomatoes are tender over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. Add more rice washing or water if needed.
- Add kalabasa, okra and ampalaya. Cover pot and boil for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Add eggplant and sigarilyas. Cover pot and cook until tender. Add patola and saluyot. Cover and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Season with more fish sauce or salt as needed. Add malunggay leaves and cover. Allow to cook for another minute. Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes)
Post a Comment