Paksiw na Bilong Bilong
Paksiw na Bilong Bilong or Hiwas recipe.
Hiwas is also known as Moon fish, one of my favorite fish specially cooked in vinegar. Paksiw na Isda is great for breakfast over garlic rice with eggs or for lunch or dinner with my favorite vegetable dish. Paksiw na Bilong Bilong or other kind of fish is easy to make and can stay for a week in the refrigerator.
Don't forget to check related fish recipes below. Click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 lbs hiwas (bilong bilong), cleaned well
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 4-5 finger chilies, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- Arrange fish in a wide pan and top with ginger and garlic. Season with ground pepper, salt and sugar to taste. Add water and vinegar.
- Bring into a quick boil uncovered for about 2 minutes. Cover pan and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes or until fish is fully cooked.
- Add onions and finger chilies. Cover and simmer for few minutes. Drizzle with oil and add more salt if needed. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm. Enjoy!
(click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes)
Post a Comment