Pork Binagoongan Recipe
How to make Pork Binagoongan
Pork Binagoongan is a popular Filipino pork dish where pork is cooked with shrimp paste or bagoong and simmered in coconut cream or milk until meat is tender. Pork Binagoongan is a delicious combination of salty, sweet and spicy that is sure one of Filipinos favorite pork dish. There are few versions on how to make Pork Binagoongan and this recipe calls for eggplant or talong. Adding eggplant in this recipe is optional but a great addition to this delicious pork dish.
Pork Binagoongan is a crowd pleaser any day and special occasion paired with steamed rice. Pork Binagoongan is easy to cook and made with minimal ingredients that you may already have in your pantry. Feel free to adjust each ingredients according to your liking. Watch video below to see how easy to make Pork Binagoongan sa Gata with Talong. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. Check related recipes below. Click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes.
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 600 grams Pork Belly, cut into cubes
- 3 small Eggplant, cut into serving pieces
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 pieces Siling Labuyo, chopped
- 3 tablespoon Ginisang Bagoong
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 cup Water or as needed
- 1 tablespoon Sugar or to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 4 pieces Finger Chilies
- In a wide pan, heat and add cooking oil. Add pork belly and allow to cook until brown while stirring occasionally. Remove pork and set aside. Remove excess oil from the pork belly if needed leaving enough for frying the eggplants.
- In the same pan, add eggplant and fry until lightly browned. Remove eggplant and set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions and allow to cook for 30 seconds. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook for a minute or until soft.
- Add siling labuyo and sauteed bagoong. Let it cook for a minute. Add browned pork and stir to combine. Cook for a minute.
- Add vinegar and let it simmer for few minutes. Pour in water and quick stir to combine. Cover pan and let it simmer over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes or until pork is tender while stirring occasionally.
- Season with sugar, ground pepper and salt to taste. Pour in coconut cream and stir well to combine. Cover pan and allow to simmer until oil from coconut cream starts to render.
- Add fried eggplant and finger chilies. Gently stir and allow to cook for few minutes. Remove pan from heat and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes)
Post a Comment