Pinakbet is a Filipino dish made from mixed vegetables in fish or shrimp sauce. Pinakbet also called Pakbet is one of the popular dishes that originated mostly in the provinces in the Philippines. There are many ways on how to cook Pinakbet and this recipe is what I grew up with in Iloilo City.
The combination of the vegetables makes this dish so delicious and a true Filipino creation. This famous Pinakbet is a combination of various vegetables rich in iron cooked with pork and shrimp in sauteed shrimp paste. This dish is not only full of flavors but also colorful and a popular dish to serve at Filipino gatherings.
Pinakbet is an easy vegetables dish that anyone can cook so give this delicious recipe a try. Save this recipe or Pin It! Give this Pinakbet recipe a try and share to your family and friends.
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb pork belly, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp sauteed shrimp paste
- 2 ampalaya, cut into bite size
- 2 eggplant, cut into bite size
- 12 pieces okra, trim ends and cut in halves
- 1 small kalabasa, cut into cubes
- 2 cups long or green beans,
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- In a wok, heat over medium heat and add oil. Add pork and fry until brown for about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, onion and tomato. Saute for few minutes until aromatic.
- Add bagoong and shrimp. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add kalabasa and stir for a minute. Add the rest of the vegetables and stir gently.
- Pour in water and bring into a quick boil. Cover wok and reduce heat to simmer until vegetables are tender for about 10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Ginataang Pinakbet with Crabs|
|Crispy Binagoongan na Talong|
|Bulanglang at Bangus|