If you love coconut then this simple Coconut Macaroons recipe is a must try. These quick and easy Coconut Macaroons are made with coconut flakes and condensed milk. A few simple ingredients can come easily to create a delicious coconut treat. If you want your macaroons less sweet, use the unsweetened coconut flakes.
Make these sweet and flaky Coconut Macaroons for the holidays. Great for potlucks or just bring to the office to share. Don't forget to check related recipes below.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional but good)
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes (or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 330 F.
- In a large bowl, combine condensed milk, coconut flakes, vanilla and salt. Stir to coat coconut evenly.
- Whisk egg whites until medium peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon batter into the prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until your coconut macaroons are turning crispy golden brown.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. If chocolate is not as smooth, add 1/2 teaspoon cooking oil and stir well.
- Dip cooled coconut macaroons into chocolate or drizzle just the tops. Let it cool until chocolate sets. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Macaroni Fruit Salad|