Pork Afritada is a colorful dish and usually served on special occasion like birthday parties and fiestas. This Pork Afritada recipe is easy to make and very delicious specially when served over steam rice.
Afritada is a Spanish influenced Filipino dish that is cooked in tomatoes and a very popular dish known throughout the Philippines. There are many ways on how to cook Filipino Afritada and this recipe is the simple one.
Try this simple Pork Afritada recipe and share with family and friends. This Filipino dish is easy to cook using simple ingredients and full of flavors. Pork Afritada is somewhat similar to Mechado, Menudo and Kaldereta.
Don't forget to check related recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 lbs pork shoulder or belly, cut into 2 inches cubes
- 1/2 lb Filipino hot dog, cut in half
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 medium potato, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas or garbanzos
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- chopped green onions for garnishing (optional)
- Using a wok, heat over medium-high heat and add cooking oil.
- Add potatoes and fry until brown for about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add hot dogs and fry until slightly brown for about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add garlic and onion. Saute until aromatic for about a minute.
- Add tomatoes and stir. Saute for about a minute.
- Add pork slices to the wok and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes or until pork turns brown.
- Season pork with ground pepper, soy sauce and fish sauce. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in water and tomato sauce. Stir and bring into a boil. Cover pot and simmer for 30 to 60 minutes until pork is tender. Stir occasionally and add more water if needed.
- Add fried potatoes and hot dogs. Stir and cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked.
- Add bell peppers and green peas or guisantes. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Taste to see if more salt is needed.
- Transfer in a serving plate and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve hot with steam rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Pork Liver Afritada|