Nilagang Kamoteng Kahoy
I was going to settle for fresh whole cassava from Mexico when I saw frozen packages from the Philippines, Tropics brand. I kinda made this Nilagang Kamoteng Kahoy a little different as I added some coconut milk while boiling to give the boiled cassava a little extra taste.
There are so many ways on how to cook Nilagang Kamoteng Kahoy or Balinghoy in Ilonggo. My other favorite is grated Cassava Cake and cooked in Coconut Milk and Brown Sugar so check related cassava recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipes.
- 1 lb frozen whole cassava
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- toasted sesame seeds for garnishing
- brown sugar for dipping
- In a medium deep pan, add water and bring into a boil.
- Add coconut milk and a pinch of salt. Continue to cook on medium-high heat for 2 minutes stirring once.
- Add frozen cassava and cover pan. Reduce heat to medium and boil cassava for 15-20 minutes or until cassava is fully cooked and fork tender.
- Remove cassava from water and drain. Discard water.
- Sprinkle cassava with toasted sesame seeds and serve with brown sugar on the side. Serve warm with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Nilupak na Kamoteng Kahoy|
|Steamed Cassava Cake|
|Chewy Cassava Cake|
|Ginataang Kamoteng Kahoy|
Post a Comment