Teriyaki Chicken is a delicious and easy chicken recipe with no marinating needed. Crispy boneless chicken thighs simmered in home-made teriyaki sauce. Juicy and tender chicken thighs using simple ingredients. Add chili flakes to make this Chicken Teriyaki spicy. This Teriyaki Chicken recipe taste better than takeout. Serve it with steamed vegetables over steamed rice.
Teriyaki Chicken is so simple to make and my new favorite. Easy to double the ingredients for a large group. A quick and simple dish for busy weeknights and a great party food. You will love this easy and tasty dish. You can use the same home-made teriyaki sauce over fish or shrimp.
Teriyaki Chicken is a Japanese chicken dish with sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. This dish looks complicated but it isn't. Easy to make in less than 30 minutes using simple ingredients. Give this recipe a try and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It! A great party food for any type of gathering. Don't forget to check related recipes below.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless chicken thighs, with skin
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 thumb size ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, ginger and garlic. Stir and set aside.
- Pat dry chicken using paper towel. Sprinkle both side of the chicken with little salt.
- In a wide frying pan, place chicken skin-side down and turn the heat to medium. Add a teaspoon of oil if needed.
- Fry the chicken until crisp and browned for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken over and continue to fry until the chicken is almost cooked through for another 5 minutes. Drain excess oil.
- Pour in soy sauce-water mixture to the pan. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the cover and turn the heat to medium-high. Flip the chicken few times to baste with the teriyaki sauce. Cook for few minutes until sauce thickens and chicken is coated with the sauce.
- Remove chicken and slice into serving pieces. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Tofu and Green Beans with Ground Pork
|Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl
|Chili Garlic Shrimp