Beef Sinigang (Sinigang na Baka)
How to make Beef Sinigang
Sinigang is a popular Filipino soup dish in tamarind base soup than can be made with pork, beef, fish or shrimp with lots of vegetables. It is easy to prepare, satisfying and is perfect for cold season. From all the sinigang recipes I have, this Beef Sinigang or Sinigang na Baka is one of my favorites. A classic Filipino dish in which beef shanks or beef ribs are boiled into a steaming broth. This Filipino dish is a crowd favorite because of its tangy tamarind base.
There are many ways on how to make Sinigang and this recipe is one of my favorite. If you are looking for a more tasty sinigang recipe, then this recipe is a must try. The beef shank is boiled in water with lemon grass, onion and garlic until meat is fork tender. I also added green langka (jack fruit) which is one of my favorite vegetable. This sour and savory beef soup is so comforting and delicious!
When making sinigang my first choice of tamarind soup base mix to use is Knorr brand, made with real tamarind and it has the balanced sour taste that you can't go wrong. Give this recipe a try and share with family and friends! Save this recipe or Pin It for later use. Don't forget to check related recipes below by clicking on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- In a big pot, add water and beef. Bring into a boil without covering the pot. Remove the scum that floats.
- Toss in the onions, garlic and tomato. Cover pot and continue to boil for about an hour until beef is almost tender. Add more water if needed.
- Add fish sauce and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper. Continue to boil until beef is fully cooked and fork tender.
- Add langka and cook for 5 minutes. Add green beans and cook for about a minute.
- Add in the siling pangsigang, pechay and Knorr tamarind sinigang mix. Stir gently and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Pork Ribs Sinigang
|Sinigang na Bangus sa Kalamansi
|Sinigang na Hipon with Kangkong
|Sinigang na Pompano