Upo at Sotanghon Soup is a delicious soup made with sotanghon noodles, upo, ground pork and shrimp. Substitute ground pork with chicken for a healthier version. Upo at Sotanghon Soup is easy to make and a healthy vegetable soup.
Upo at Sotanghon Soup can be consumed as a soup or as a main dish with rice. You can also use misua if sotanghon is not available.
CASA BALUARTE is now in YouTube! Please visit and SUBSCRIBE!
The video above will show you how to easily cook a delicious Upo at Sotanghon Soup and have it ready before dinner. For questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, leave me a comment below or on Casa Baluarte Facebook!
Upo also known as bottle or white gourd is a common Filipino vegetables that can be cook in so many ways. It is not only delicious but so easy to cook. One of my favorite is Ginisang Upo with Togue (beansprout) and Upo at Hipon.
Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lb ground pork (or use half if you want it lesser meat)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 large upo, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups of water or chicken broth
- 100 grams sotanghon, soaked drained
- salt to taste
- Soak sotanghon in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Using a deep pan, heat over medium heat and add cooking oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant for about a minute.
- Add ground pork (or chicken). Stir and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat until light brown while stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir. Cook for few minutes until limp.
- Season with ground pepper and fish sauce. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add shrimp and stir gently. Cook for few minutes until shrimp turns pink.
- Add upo and stir gently. Cover and cook for few minutes.
- Pour-in water and bring into a quick boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sotanghon. Stir gently and simmer until sotanghon is fully cooked for about 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Taste to see if salt is needed. Serve hot and Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Upo at Togue|
|Upo at Hipon|
|Chicken and Shrimp Sotanghon|