Sinigang na Hipon
Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimp Sinigang is a popular Filipino comfort food. This delicious shrimp in sour soup and variety of vegetables is so easy to make using simple ingredients. Sinigang is a tangy and savory stew that Filipino loves to eat with steamed rice and fried fish.
Sinigang na Hipon is one of the many Filipino Sinigang recipes. This sinigang sour soup uses Knorr tamarind soup mix as it's based flavor. This famous Filipino dish uses shrimp as the main ingredients, but fish, pork or beef can be used to make this delicious soup.
See FULL VIDEO below on how to make a delicious Adobong Kangkong!
Enjoy this quick and easy soup dish that you can prepare even on busy weeknights. Make it and share with family and friends. Save this recipe or Pin It for later use. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
Please SUBSCRIBE to CASA BALUARTE YOUTUBE for more easy to follow cooking videos.
- 4 cups of water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 5-6 pieces of okra, remove top end
- 2 chili pepper (optional)
- 1/2 lb. long beans (sitaw) cut into 3 inches
- 1 lb large shrimp, deveined
- tbsp. sinigang mix (add more if you want)
- fish sauce or salt to taste
- 4-5 cups kangkong tops
- In a pot, bring water into a boil. Add onion and tomato. Cook for few minutes and season with ground pepper.
- Add okra, sitaw and chili peppers. and cook for a minute. Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp nd continue cooking. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with tamarind or pangsigang mix and fish sauce or salt to taste. Cook for a minute.
- Add kangkong tops and cover pan. Cook for a minute and turn off the heat.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and serve hot with fried or grilled fish, and steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Sinigang na Pompano|
|Sinigang na Bangus|
|Pork Ribs Sinigang|
Post a Comment