This chuck roast beef with dark mushroom gravy is one of my favorite dish to cook for my family once they get tired of Filipino food. The recipe is pretty basic and it is something I put together using simple ingredients.
Beef Chuck Roast with Mushroom Gravy is so delicious with baby potatoes. Feel free to add carrots or other vegetables you like. The beef chuck roast is browned in olive oil and baked for few hours with sauteed vegetables until the meat is so tender that you won't need a knife.
I also added a can of beef broth to this recipe, it gives the meat the most tender texture plus makes a delicious gravy while cooking.
Slow cooking allows you to turn cheaper and inexpensive cuts of meat into fall apart deliciousness. You can do that by baking in lower temperature or using a slow cooker like instant pot or a crock pot.
Serve this beef with mushroom gravy with over egg noodles or pasta or over rice.
Give this delicious chuck roast beef with mushroom gravy and bay potatoes dish a try. Use whatever cuts of beef you desire. Skip the beef broth and use water instead. Just make sure to bake it for 2 to 3 hours to get that fall apart deliciousness.
Save this recipe or Pin It for later use. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 5 baby potato, cut in half
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 10.5 oz can beef broth
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley (optional)
- Heat pan and add olive oil. Add the roast and sear on both side. Remove roast and set aside.
- On the same pan, saute onion and garlic until limp. Add potatoes and mushroom. Cook for few minutes until light brown. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Place browned beef in a baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and ground pepper to taste. Pour-in beef broth and add cream of mushroom. Top with sauteed vegetables and sprinkle some dried parsley.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake at 350 F for 2-3 hours or until meat is pull apart tender that you wont need a knife. Serve over egg noodles or pasta or over steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Beef Stir Fry|